Image courtesy of: New York Times
Amy Schumer is the ultimate "it" girl. She's smart, funny and is never afraid to tell it like it is – which she has done time and time again in her hit TV show Inside Amy Schumer, her inspiring speeches and even on her social media accounts that literally makes the expression "TMI" a joke in itself. Below, we put together a list of the top 10 reasons we cannot get enough of the girl crush-worthy comedienne:
1. She knows how sex really works (and isn't afraid to talk about it).
2. Her satire on the media's treatment of aging actresses is brilliant, hilarious and spot. on.
3. Amy Schumer owns her womanhood, her voice and her talents like no other.
Below is an excerpt from her speech at the 2014 Gloria Awards and Gala hosted by the Ms. Foundation for Women
"I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story — I will. I will speak and share and fuck and love and I will never apologize to the frightened millions who resent that they never had it in them to do it."
4. Amy uses her influence and power to shed light on and take action when it comes to female reproductive rights.
5. Not only did she write and star in the hit comedy Trainwreck, Amy managed to go out there and give back, with a super-successful nationwide charity tour.
6. NBD, she's just casually one of the TIME 100 for 2015.
7. And she was this year's recipient of GLAMOUR's Trailblazer award -- to which she replies:
"I'm going to start referring to myself as that from now on. When people ask if I'm a feminist, I'll say, 'I'm really more of a trailblazer...'"
8. When the going gets tough, so does Amy Schumer.
9. No topic is off limits for Amy...who will openly and honestly joke about anything from masturbating to Magic Mike to flashing David Letterman.
10. Oh, and did we mention she's a feminist?
"If I'm preaching for women's equality, then sign me up," she said. "It's so crazy that people don't identify as feminists. I think it's only people that don't know the definition." - Amy Schumer as told to CBS News