We’ve talked a lot about the benefits of sustainable Fair Trade condoms compared to traditional brands, so now we’d like to introduce you to the benefits of using natural organic lubricants.
When it comes to lubricants, there’s a lot to know.
Heard of petrochemicals? You might not have, but if you’ve ever used most personal lubricants, chances are they have affected you. According to the World Health Organization, and a handful of other leading health organizations, these petrochemicals damage genital and rectal cell tissue when they enter your body.
Another thing you need to know about when it comes to lubricants is Bacterial Vagnosis (BV). If you’ve never heard of BV before, you’re not alone; most women haven’t! Here’s what you need to know:
- BV occurs when the normal balance of good bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced with an overgrowth of certain types of harmful bacteria
- 2 in 5 women have it, but 84% don’t know they have it
- Women who have BV are 60% more likely to contract an STI
- They are also 3x more likely to infect their partners
So when you put things like petrochemicals in your vagina, your vaginal ‘ecosystem’ gets disrupted. The bacterial balance changes and you become more likely to contract BV.
Here’s the good news: You can look all you want, but you’ll never find a single petrochemical in Sustain’s personal lubricants. So no risk of BV.
Now onto the stuff that might sound a little more familiar: Parabens and Glycerin. Two things that – like petrochemicals — you definitely don’t want going inside your body. Parabens, known mostly as toxins in personal care and cosmetics, cause many of the same health effects when found in personal lubricants. And when high concentrations of glycerin enter the vagina, cellular damage can occur. Once cells are damaged, they are less able to protect the body from contracting an STD or STI.
The solution seemed simple to us: Create a 95% organic, natural, biocompatible personal lubricant. So that’s exactly what we did. And they are:
- Made with 95% Organic Ingredients
- Recommended by medical professionals.
- Naturally free of petroleum, glycerin, parabens, silicone, dyes & harsh ingredients.
- 100% vegan and gluten-free
- Not tested on animals.
- Latex and polyisoprene compatible
- Safe for toys and throughout pregnancy
- Organic compliant food grade flavoring
- Available in Unscented and Lavender
Want to know more? Here are some common questions and answers about our lubricants:
Go ahead and check them out here and of course, #dowhatsnatural.